Vehicle & Equipment Consignment
Absolute Auctions & Realty is the Hudson Valley’s premier public auto auction. We feature vehicles from estates, seized bank assets and municipalities. As a result, we provide our customers with a unique opportunity to buy everything from rare collector cars to quality late-model vehicles.
If you are in the market for a vehicle, Absolute Auctions is a great place to start. We offer a varied selection in every Antique & Estate Auction we conduct (approximately every three weeks), and we also hold independent auctions for a number of Hudson Valley municipalities and fleets throughout the year.
Each vehicle is professionally photographed and uploaded to our website along with a full description of its features. On the day before the auction, vehicles are removed from our secure lot and displayed for Preview. Throughout Preview, all vehicles are open to inspection and can be started on request. On auction day, Preview is held again for two hours prior to the start of the auction. Once the auction begins, just wait until your vehicle of interest comes up in the auction slide show presentation and bid away!
Antique & Collector Cars:
Absolute Auctions is known as a great source for pre-war and post-war vehicles. We also offer classic muscle cars, collector cars and other hard-to-find vehicles.
Recent examples include a 1968 Dodge Coronet Convertible, a 1942 Ford Coupe and a 1939 Oldsmobile Sedan.
If you are looking for something geared a little more towards everyday use, we offer a wide variety of late-model cars, trucks and SUVs on a regular basis.
Many of these vehicles come from banks and estates, and they provide a whole other range of buying options when you are planning to purchase a new vehicle.
Are you looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle? If so, Absolute Auctions is the place for you! Our luxury car list includes BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and even the Rolls Royce at the top of this page.
Aside from hitting it big in the lottery, buying at auction is your best opportunity to live the dream!
In addition to our in-house vehicle offerings, Absolute Auctions holds several surplus vehicle and equipment auctions for Hudson Valley municipalities each year. If you or your business are in the market for used police cars, cherry pickers, dump trucks, tractors, and other utility vehicles and equipment, then you don’t want to miss these auctions. As with all of our auctions, these offerings will always be listed on our website calendar well in advance of the event.
To ensure we serve the needs of all types of vehicle buyers, Absolute Auctions offers an array of recreational vehicles in addition to cars, trucks and SUV’s.
Truly a unique one-stop-shopping experience, on several occasions, a bidder has purchased an ATV or a boat at our auction and a few minutes later purchased the truck to haul it away with.
How can you find out what AAR is offering right now? The first and best place for information is this website. We update the calendar constantly and give as much advance notice as possible. Everyone on our vehicle email notification list will also get an email letting them know we have vehicles coming up for auction. To add yourself to the list, click the Join Our E-List at the top of the page. We also advertise in the local papers, such as the Poughkeepsie Journal and the Pennysaver. Just remember that any late additions will only be posted to the website, so be sure to check back often.
Preparing to Bid on Vehicles
- Do some homework on the vehicle you are interested in. For the book value of most vehicles, a good reference website is NADA.com. If you are planning to bid on a collector car, you might want to check out Manheimgold.com for an estimate of value.
- Get a CarFax on the vehicle history using the VIN # for reference (the VIN# can be obtained either from our website description at any time or from the windshield of the vehicle during Preview).
- We will make our best effort to disclose any defects that are known to us; however, all vehicles are auctioned “AS IS, WHERE IS,” no exceptions. Therefore, address all of your questions and concerns about the vehicle prior to bidding on it.
- If it will make you feel more comfortable, you are welcome to bring a mechanic of your choosing to inspect the vehicle during our scheduled Preview times.
- Be sure to read the auction’s terms and conditions on our website prior to attending. You will be bound by them whether you have reviewed them or not, so it is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with them prior to bidding.
- If you are the high bidder at one of our in-house auctions, you will need to leave a $500 cash deposit that evening. You will have until the following Tuesday to remit the balance in cash or a cashiers check.
Our EZfast Program for Vehicle Consignors
If you are a lending institution, government agency or other commercial entity looking for a hassle-free means of large-scale vehicle liquidation, our EZfast Program is tailor-made for you. Our highly experienced team will offer the following services:
- All vehicles will be professionally photographed and cataloged at their current location, thus eliminating the daunting task of coordinating the moving of vehicles.
- An aggressive marketing campaign will be launched to ensure widespread publicity for your event.
- Previewing of the items will take place at your location during set days and times determined by you. Absolute Auctions team members will assist upon request, and catalogs will be provided.
- A slide show presentation will be created from the photos and the vehicles will be remotely auctioned at the Absolute Auction Center.
- All administrative aspects of the auction will be handled by our team at the Auction Center. This includes bidder registration, clerking of the auction, and invoicing of the buyers on your behalf.
- After the auction, successful bidders will be instructed to pick up their purchases at your location within a reasonable time frame determined together with you prior to the auction.
Selling your vehicle fleet via our EZfast Program has several advantages:
- If time is of the essence, the sale of your vehicles does not necessarily have to be bound to the schedule of an existing in-house auction date. Through the use of our extensive marketing program, we can hold a separate event just for your vehicles at a time that is convenient for your organization.
- Vehicles sold remotely do not have to be moved, which is not only more convenient and less costly, it also minimizes the potential for damage.
- Vehicles can be previewed at your location, at specific times, with minimal impact to you. Subsequently, holding the auction at our facility will enable us to provide you with our full range of customized auction services, thus ensuring the most professional selling experience possible.
Over the years, we have found that auctioning via our EZfast Program has not had an adverse effect on the prices attained for the merchandise. Time and time again, experience has shown that serious buyers will demonstrate their interest regardless of whether the merchandise is present at the auction facility or is instead offered through the use of specific previewing times at a remote location and only representative photos during the auction itself.
Perhaps the best example of this is the Annual Dutchess County Surplus Vehicle & Equipment Auction. We have successfully auctioned hundreds of vehicles and other types of municipal equipment for the various districts of Dutchess County, none of which had to be moved from their locations until their happy new owners came to pick them up. If you are interested in hearing more about how we can offer the same service to your organization, give us a call!